Wednesday, August 20, 2014

"I Can't Say I Didn't Try!"

Hey, guess what? If you're not making money, you're not making CENTS.
Get it? Sense, cents, yes, it's funny.

I met God this week. Yes, a man came up to us and proclaimed that he is God. He told me that he could read my past, present and future. He followed us down the street telling us to worship him. Another random story, a lady goes to a church near us called 'Power of Faith Ministries.' (I like to call it the great and spacious building.) Anyways, she started asking us about speaking in tongues. We explained our belief and gave some doctrinal evidence. All of a sudden she started muttering something very strange sounding. I asked, "Sorry, I couldn't hear you, what did you just say." She said, "I don't know, I was speaking in tongues, I just do that sometimes." Facepalm.

In Jamaica, when they sing happy birthday, after they sing the first "Happy birthday to you," part, they have an additional verse which is, "May the good Lord bless you," in the happy birthday tune. I like it. I’m going to bring home all the birthday traditions here. Flouring people and singing about the Lord blessing us.

I am so tired of random men calling me sweetheart and baby. I can’t wait till I can walk in public and not be noticed, at all. Attention is fine, but not unwanted awkward, “I love you and want to marry you AKA give me a green card,” attention. There are some that call us that, just because they say it all the time, but there are some ultra creepers. If only it was this easy to get a boyfriend in America… haha

I have found the new motto of my mission. It is, “I can’t say I didn’t try!” Every time we talk to someone on the street or at their house and they reject us, I walk away and say to Sister Lewis, “We can’t say we didn’t try.” 

Yesterday this was a man’s questions to us:
“Who is God? Why are there so many different religions? Where is Heaven? Who was Gods father? Is there a Heavenly Mother? Why are we here? What is faith? What is belief? How old is the earth? How old is the Bible? What about dinosaurs? Africa this, Africa that. Did life start in Ethiopia? Is Jesus black?”

We explained that we have the answers to his questions, and we would love to answer them in a better setting, (we were on the side of the road, and his friend was smoking a spliff). We also said that as he comes to church, he will learn. We told him that there are some questions we can’t answer, but as he learns more, he will learn for himself. I related it to math. If you don’t know addition and subtraction, you can’t do algerbra. If you don’t understand the basic concepts of the gospel, like faith and prayer, then you can’t understand why God has done certain things. He didn’t like it, and he wanted the answers now. Well honestly, I think he was like one of the scribes and Pharisees from the New Testament, because he just wanted to twist us in his words.  He basically said he never will come to church and nothing we say can help him. We walked away saying, “Welp, can’t say we didn’t try.” Ah, I think in life there comes a point where we all have our beliefs challenged. I think it happens so we can build a stronger testimony against the adversary.

This week was another trying week. Last week I said, “Well, it can’t get any worse.” And it did… Make sure you never say those kind of things out loud… haha It’s not getting any easier. It’s getting harder and harder. I found a hymn that perfectly describes how I am feeling. It is, “The Time is Far Spent.” (Hymn 266) It reads, “The time is far spent; there is little remaining, to publish glad tidings by sea and by land. Then hasten, ye heralds; go forward proclaiming: Repent, for the kingdom of heaven's at hand. Shrink not from your duty, however unpleasant, but follow the Savior, your pattern and friend. Our little afflictions, tho painful at present, Ere long, with the righteous, in glory will end. What, tho, if the favor of Ahman possessing, this world's bitter hate you are called to endure? The angels are waiting to crown you with blessings! Go forward, be faithful, the promise is sure. Be fixed in your purpose, for Satan will try you; the weight of your calling he perfectly knows. Your path may be thorny, but Jesus is nigh you; His arm is sufficient, tho demons oppose.”

So, yes, I have reflected again and again on those lyrics. It is exactly what I needed when I found it. So regardless of the difficulties, angels are waiting to crown me with blessings, if I am faithful. 

Love ya,
Sister Pitt

P.S. Jesus wasn't black or white. He was a Jew. People just don't get that for some reason.


Black Beard!

Hi There! I'm Sister Pitt

I Laugh Every Time I Pass This Sign

I Love Passing The Ocean!

Traffic

WINDY!

No comments:

Post a Comment