Monday, October 13, 2014

ONLY 10 MORE DAYS!!!!!

So here in Jamaica a very popular fashion trend is wearing a silver or gold linked chain. Everyone has one. Doesn't matter who the person is, almost everyone will wear it. Male or female, old or young, Christian or not, almost everyone has one. They may not wear it everyday, but sometimes they do. I've always noticed it, but the Elders pointed it out a few weeks ago, so it came to my attention more. Sometimes people will wear two chains at a time, and we started rating our days on a scale of chains. If it's a good day, we might say, "It's a five chains day". Conference weekend was an 8 chains weekend. Somedays are more like two chains days, which are not bad, but just sort of regular. This last week was a 10 CHAINZ WEEK. (Z for emphasis of the amazingness of it).

First of all, PATRICK GOT BAPTIZED! It was absolutely amazing. It was a very spiritual experience for him. I just can't believe it all went through. I was so nervous this entire last week. It was almost too good to be true, but not saying it didn't come without intense struggle, because it did. I won't go into detail, because I'll just tell my family about it when I get home, but let's just say I have never prayed harder for a person my entire life. I had faith that Heavenly Father would make it happen, if it was His will, but of course the devil likes to put doubts and fears in my mind. The morning of Patrick's baptism, I felt inspired to write him a letter of encouragement. When he showed up to the church Sunday morning, he was nervous. I was prompted to give him the letter before he was baptized. Originally, I was just going to wait until after. While he read it, he smiled and said it made him feel more confident that he could do this. The thing I appreciate most about Patrick is he understands how serious of a commitment baptism is. He was scared, because he knew that if he followed through with it, he will have to endure to the end, for the rest of his life. Patrick asked a recent convert, Orane (soon to be missionary) to baptize him. He also had many of the young adults in the ward participate in giving talks or prayers, because we did our best to fellowship him with people. The ward members love him, so that is a plus. After he was welcomed to the ward, Patrick bore a testimony. It was so well thought out. He explained that his whole life he has been the sheep among wolves. He was always different than all his friends, and the feeling that he gets at our Church, he feels like family. Wow. Amazing. Another recent convert who was baptized less than a year ago was able to confirm him a member and give him the Holy Ghost. It was amazing. I really hope and pray Patrick will always remember the feelings he felt at his baptism for the rest of his life. 

Sister Lewis was a great strength to me this week. I had so many worries and stress coming down on me. I kept thinking of going home, of Patrick, of my mission. She just kept saying, everything will be alright, and every time she said that, it turned out alright. So when things looked bleak, I would say, "Sister Lewis, if you tell me everything will be alright, I'll believe you." Haha, she has grown SOOOO much spiritually and as a missionary. I am so proud of her and I have full confidence for her to take over the area. She has doubts in herself, but her faith is strong, I really love her, a lot.

10 more days left as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. 10 more days of Jamaica. 10 more days of sharing the Gospel full time. Only 10 more days. Sigh. I still feel like I have SO much more to learn. I'm glad that progression is continuous and I don't have to worry about regressing, because I know what I have to do to keep on the path of righteousness. I was thinking about my mission ending, and I was thinking deeply about what if I only had 10 more days to live. 
What kinds of things would I want to do? 
What would be the most important thing I could tell people? 
All I know is I would want to share my testimony with the world:

God lives. Jesus is my savior and redeemer. Through Christ, I can return to live in the presence of my Father in Heaven. I know with all my soul that the Gospel is true. It is all reality. It isn't a fairytale we share with people to just improve their lives. This can help them, of course, but this is serious. This is salvation. This is eternal happiness. This is living forever with God in the celestial kingdom for eternity. Life is not fleeting, it has no end. It isn't meant to be mundane or have no purpose. Life on this earth is given to us to progress and prepare. Life in eternity is given to us to become as our Heavenly Father is. This beautiful truth sustains me. My faith isn't in flesh or in worldly things, my faith is my God and my Christ who will help me become an eternal being. 

Love,
Sister Pitt

Patrick Was Baptized!

We Love Patrick!
Patrick And Orane
Priesthood Brothers!
My CUTE Companion!
Trying To Get A Dread But It Didn't Work!

COMPANIONS!!!

Cutest Little Shop Ever!

FAITH!
The Battle of Sister Pitt
And The Huge Flying Moth!


This Man Stands Here Every Day For Hours




No comments:

Post a Comment