Tuesday, October 21, 2014

SOON COME!

I know you are probably expecting some profound, amazing email this week, because it is my last one, but nope. I don't have a lot to say. This was one of the most disgusting weeks of my mission because I contracted that mosquito virus going around called chikingunya. I was bedridden for almost THREE days. My fever was at 103. My whole body was in pain. I had a really ugly rash. I was miserable. I did not want to end my mission this way. But, nothing like a virus to make you reach your weight loss goals.... haha

Anyways, I am so anxious/nervous. It's been hard to sleep and eat. I am not sure if it's because of the sickness I had, or because I'm coming home. I am so sad to leave Jamaica. I cried at church. I keep just looking at everything and everyone, trying to soak every moment in. 

I am so grateful for everything that has happened on my mission. My soul has been changed for the better. I have learned so much. I will leave part of my heart here in Jamaica. 

Well, as Paul wrote, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith..."
My fight and course isn't really finished. I still have a lifetime of gospel living, but as far as my 18 month mission goes, I am done. Tomorrow is transfers and then Thursday, I'm home. 

SOON COME!

-Sista Pett

No comments:

Post a Comment