Monday, June 17, 2013

Crazy Week!

This week was crazy. I don't even know where to start... I'll just start from the beginning (last week Monday). Every Monday we go eat at a members house and participate in Family Home Evening with them. I had the pleasure of eating COW FOOT this week. Did I say pleasure? What I really meant to say was, HORROR. Is it bad that I asked the lady who made it for us to retrieve a napkin for me, while I picked it up and threw it in the bush? What they don't know won't hurt them, right? I promise, I tried it, I just could not swallow it. It's basically like tough gelatin. Yum!

We were walking in Linstead this last week, and I had to dodge a lady and I split open my toe. It's totally fine, it was just bleeding everywhere, and I asked a woman at the post office for a tissue or napkin and she pulls it out of her pocket. I'm pretty sure it was clean. Anyways, some Elders were calling us to ask us a question, and when I told them that my toe was all bloody, they got all concerned. I was all like, "It's just a minor flesh wound." (Monty Python reference, by the way).  

Zone meeting was this week. The Zone Leaders told us to only write spiritual things home. HA HA. As the ancient native Hawaiians like to say, "Ainokea." I'm sorry, so much fun stuff happens out here, so my letters are usually half and half. Zone meeting was really great. I learned a lot about how to be a better missionary. After that, I went on a trade-off with one of the Sister Training Leaders. Her name is Sister Bezzant and she came to Linstead. So, I was in charge of Linstead for 24 hours. Yikes. The Lord really was on my side, because everything worked out perfectly. I was so nervous because Sister Woolf and I usually make decisions together, but I had to do this on my own. While Sister Bezzant was here, we were driving down a dirt road, and there was a goat that would not move in the middle of the road. We couldn't go around it, so I had to get out, in the pouring rain and move the goat. I wish I could have gotten that on film, because I probably looked ridiculous. Speaking of goats, the people we live with have goats, and a baby goat was born this week. It is so cute. I hate big goats. I like baby goats. 

Our investigator, Christina, is just so awesome. This week she got into a car accident! She is fine, just a little scraped up and sore. We went to the hospital and made her a get well soon card. She calls us to read with her from the Book of Mormon. She even asked us to say a prayer with her over the phone. AND she came to church with a neck brace on and a bandage on her head. During class she turns to me and says, "I want to be baptized." WHOA. HOLD THE PHONE. She was expressing a few concerns, but we are going to visit her this week to help her understand more and set a date with her. She is so ready for the gospel. She brought a friend with her to church. She has showed her mom the Book of Mormon and scriptures in it that talk about Jesus Christ. She even gave her mom a Gospel Principles book and her mom reads it everyday. Christina is too perfect! We haven't known her that long, but she is already a great friend of ours. The coolest thing is, that we would have never met her if we didn't happen to visit this one guy, who clearly wasn't interested, but we still felt like we needed to see him. While we were talking to him, she just showed up! Sister Woolf and I have been praying for those who are prepared and willing to hear the Gospel, and we found Christina. Prayers really are answered. Honestly, I don't feel like I am even doing anything. She really is in the Lord's hands. Heavenly Father put her in our path, and she is doing everything she needs to do to learn more. I just love her so much!

Yesterday, after church, Sister Woolf had to go to the hospital, because she was having an allergic reaction to something! She went to the doctor, and then she had to lay down at home the rest of the day. I fell asleep as well, and I guess I didn't realize how tired I was, because I was out. I also slept the entire night. Maybe I needed the rest as well, but weirdly, I felt so guilty. I had an excuse, because I can't do anything without my companion. She doesn't seem to be getting better, but hopefully today, the more rest will help her. 

What else happened? Hmm, I got to play soccer a.k.a football with a bunch of Jamaican teeenage boys for a church activity. It was so fun. I am so out of shape... The next day I could barely move I was so sore. It was well worth it. One of the boys asked if I had played before, and as a joke I told him no. He got all worried. 

Okay well, I will leave off on a spiritual note. I've been reading all the April Conference talks and I love this quote by Elder Uchtdorf:

"Even after the darkest night, the Savior of the world will lead you to a gradual, sweet, and bright dawn that will assuredly rise within you."

Whoa. That is beautiful. God loves us. Because of his love, he sent his son. Jesus Christ is the life and light of the world. Only through Christ can we find peace, hope, and light. I've seen a lot of people facing struggles out here, I love knowing that they will find rest if they put their trust in the redeemer of all mankind. 

Love,
Sister Pitt


Brother Clarke

Cow's Foot

It Always Rains in Jamaica

Mama Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment