Tuesday, November 5, 2013

'Mormon Helping Hands'

I've been eating healthy everyday, so I decided to reward myself with a treat. I bought a box of Peanut Butter Captain Crunch. I was going to space it out, instead I ended up eating all of it, in one sitting. You all should be extremely impressed. Next time I'll just buy a Snickers or something. 

We participated in a 'Mormon Helping Hands' service project this last week. The members in our branch, and us missionaries went and cleaned up a basic school. Of course I helped, but somehow I ended up playing tag with two little boys. They kept yelling, "YOU CANT CATCH ME, NANANANANA!" So, of course I had to get them. They were egging me on. Anyways, it turned into a full on battle and they started pretending to shoot me. They even tackled me to the ground. It was really funny. Children, no matter what race, nationality or upbringing, are the same all over the world. They just want to have fun and play. Reminds me of the scripture which talks about becoming like a little child to enter into the kingdom of heaven. 

Halloween was this last week, except they don't celebrate it here. Many reasons for that. Main reason is that they believe it's a devils holiday. The second reason is that it is way to dangerous to be out at night in certain areas. The third reason is that all the candy that would be collected by kids would be being sold on the streets the next day. haha Anyways, I pretty much forgot about Halloween, until Sister Savage texted us in the morning. 

We had a family home evening with the Wallace family, in our branch, this last week. It was really fun. We played this game that I made up called keep the commandments. I wrote down a lot of funny commandments on strips of paper, and you had to keep them by doing what they said. "Thou shalt sing a Bob Marley song and dance around like a Rasta." "Thou shalt sing the Jamaican national song while doing jumping jacks." ect... It was really funny, and we had a nice lesson about doing what the Lord wants us to do. 

WE NEED NEW INVESTIGATORS. We are going through a dry spell. I guess it's mainly my fault. I've been too relaxed on certain things lately. I need to really be trying to get referrals, and be a good example to Sister Coleman. As bad as this sounds, I'm just so tired of Linstead. haha, I can't wait to get to a new area. I'm going to work as hard as I can to leave this area better than I came to it though. (That is if I leave, which I assume I will, I've been here forever...) I beat myself up a lot about things, especially when the numbers are not great and stuff. I need to focus more on serving and loving. I need to do so many things better. 

So, the Elders are teaching a girl named Shakear, and the story of her is really funny. She is a Sunday School Teacher at her church, and for the past year, she has been teaching lessons out of our churches Gospel Principals book. That reminds me of this other story some elders had. They gave this guy a Book of Mormon, and he liked it so much he started preaching with it at his church. (He was a preacher). Funny stuff happens in Jamaica. 

Yesterday, Sunday, was a great day. It was fast and testimony meeting. Everyone that bore their testimonies said good things! Bryan bore his testimony! It was awesome. Bryan is amazing. He is such a good example to me. Since his baptism, he has faced so many trials, yet he doesn't complain. If he has no money, he walks to church. The distance is like from Velzy Land to Kahuku. Bryan is always the first one at service projects. He pays his tithing when he gets odd jobs. He passes the sacrament each week. I just love him. I'm a better person because I know him. I wish other people had an eternal perspective like Bryan. The other day (November 1st), he proudly exclaimed, "I've been baptized for five whole months!" It made me reflect to his baptismal day. Oh how sweet a day that was. SO much joy. 

Anyways, this last week was great. Every week is great. I saw this nice little poem the other day, and it caused some serious reflection:

"His precious blood He freely spilt;
His life He freely gave,
A sinless sacrifice for guilt,
A dying world to save."

Oh, I love Jesus. SO MUCH. 

-Sister Pitt


Family Home Evening
Bryan is a Boss

Creepy Drugged Sponge Bob
Ghetto Weight Lifting


Extra Finger



Mormon Helping Hands!
Elders Posing

Intense Service


My Boyfriend!

He Wanted Me To Take His Picture



No comments:

Post a Comment