Monday, October 28, 2013

Obedience Brings Blessings!

Well, if you want to make a Jamaican laugh, talk in a Texas accent. They think it's hilarious. One of our investigators is always like, "Talk like Sandy from Spongebob again!" (Sandy is from Texas, on the show). After talking like someone from Texas they are like, "Talk British!" It turns into a game called, Let's Make the American Talk in Different Accents Because She is REALLY Bad at it. 

I'm really trying to focus on positive energy. I know I sound like a hippie when I say that, but I'm serious. If I try my hardest to enjoy the little moments, then happiness is always at my finger tips. For example, when I'm sitting under the shade of a tree, feeling the warm Jamaican breeze and Bob Marley plays in the distance, I feel really happy. I read this quote by Elder Uchtdorf that says, "We shouldn't wait to be happy until we reach some future point, only to discover that happiness was already available -- all the time!" Yes, sometimes it gets hard to be joyful, especially when Satan is trying his hardest to stomp on your face and rip you to shreds... Anyways, as I've been only saying positive things and trying to push out any negative thought or doubt, things are better. As dear Bob Marley would say, "Don't worry, about a thing. Because, every little thing, is going to be alright."

This week was a good week. It was slower, but so it goes. I love cancelled appointments and people hiding. It's fun. (See, I'm being positive.) Haha. Things with Sister Coleman are going good. I think I've learned some serious lessons through this companionship. It has really humbled me, and made me realize that even if I think I'm right, it doesn't matter. It's about me just simply doing what Christ would do. As hard as it may be, I've had to work on developing Christ-like attributes. I've never really had problems with people before, and if I had, I didn't have to be with them 24/7. Dang, missions are tough. haha

I've started the Book of Mormon again, and the idea of obedience has really stuck out to me lately. As the prophets have said, "obedience brings blessings." It's amazing how I've seen people be obedient to God, and they have a very blessed life. They may not have riches or wealth, but they are rich in heart and wealthy in spirit. Then I think about the little things that Heavenly Father has told us to do. For example, not watch rated R movies. I'm completely guilty of this (in the past, not now), and I'm not saying it's an abominable sin, because it's not, but there must be a reason why the prophet has advised against it. That being said, I will probably find myself watching one someday, but I really want to be exactly obedient. Not only as a missionary, but as a follower of Jesus Christ. Ah, I wish I could say I was perfect and I am perfect in this area, but I'm not. I need to be. I guess I will just have to try little by little everyday. 

Anyways, I don't feel like I have much to tell this week. I have been forgetting to write bullet points during the week so I have more stories to tell. Next week will be better, hopefully. 

Family, I love you all. Jamaica is great. Also, apparently it's bad manners to ask a Rasta if he has bugs in his hair or to tell him he dropped his comb. Lesson learned. haha

-Sister Pitt

All Smiles!

Shaka Brah!

Shakeara At Church!

Sister Wallace Requested This Picture!

Some Hawaii Vibe In Jamaica!

Teaching Goats!

The Funniest Five Year Old Ever!

Typical Way Of Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment