Wednesday, March 26, 2014

I Just Know I'm Here For A Reason!

Well, transfer calls are in. Looks like I have another baby on the way! A nice brand new baby sister missionary. Funny thing is, my mother (Sister Woolf) and I are both having babies (trainees) at the same time. Only in Jamaica, am I right, or am I right? haha WELL, I'll be in Junction for another 3 months, to do her training. Just praying that maybe some success will be just around the corner. I am excited to train, I've learned so much since the last time I trained, so here is another adventure coming along. Sister Llewellyn will also be training, so we will have a four woman house. I guess the only thing I worry about is that we are sharing a bathroom... Yikes.

I guess I'll start with the crazy stuff. First off, I met a man who has 17 children, and 14 baby mothers... That is ridiculous. If there was some sort of competition going on, I think he won. It's so funny too, because this man is so fat, has boobs bigger than mine, and has no teeth. I'm not judging his looks or anything, but it was just so funny how proud he was of that. I didn't even know what to say. I just sat there speechless.

So a few weeks ago I was talking about, "Thriving in the Awkward." Well, nothing is more awkward than being at an investigators house and he comes out in a towel... Maybe I just have my missionary mind on, but I just had to turn around and look up at the sky awkwardly while he was talking to me... haha 

We have this awesome kid investigating the church right now. His name is Martel. He is great. He read the entire restoration pamphlet and he texts us saying, "I want to know more about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon." He has been praying and reading, so hopefully something good will come of it. He lives kinda far away out in the middle of nowhere, so getting to church is a problem, but he told us as soon as he gets shoes and he fixes his motorcycle, he will come to church. I really hope that is soon! He is so cool. He is 21, has dreads, is a singer, and is extremely intelligent. He is so hilarious as well. He was like, "I'm a virgin to this whole religion thing, so be patient with me." Sister Llewellyn and I were laughing forever about that. I think he really enjoys our lessons, and he understands, which is so amazing. 

We had another amazing thing happen this last week. There is a lady named Sister Gayle, who lived in Canada for 10 years. She joined the church there, and she moved back to Jamaica a few months ago. She moved out to Treasure Beach, which is about 45 minutes away from Junction. She is in our area. Anyways, we met up with her a couple weeks ago, and she told us that she would invite all her friends and family to hear about the gospel. (She hasn't been able to make it to church because she doesn't have enough money). But, on Saturday, she invited a big group of people to listen to our message! Oh man, it was amazing. She told us half of the people couldn't make it. This was one of the most spiritual lessons I have had on my mission. It was crazy because when we came, everyone was talking, and this crazy old lady started talking about hypocrites and calling Christians hypocrites. She was going on and on... There was so much contention in the room, the younger people were annoyed with the old lady. It was a weird situation. I was thinking in my head that this was a disaster. Sister Llewellyn stood up and was like, "Alright, alright, let's sit down. We are going to begin with a prayer." I stood up after that and explained that we as missionaries do not like contention or arguing. I explained that when we offer a prayer, that it is to invite the spirit. I said the prayer, I don't remember what I said, but as I was praying, you could literally feel the atmosphere change. When I said Amen, everyone was looking at Sister Llewellyn and I, in silence, waiting for us to begin. We spoke about Heavenly Father and His love for all His children. We also taught them about prayer. In one night we got seven new investigators! I think that is a miracle. I really hope it goes somewhere. Sister Gayle is a great lady. She is going to need a lot of help getting back into the church, but she loves it, and desires to bring her family into it. But seriously, it was just so amazing how quickly things changed as soon as a prayer was offered to invite the spirit. The spirit came, and it didn't leave. 

Okay so, many good things have been happening. The other day, I was in a taxi, reggae music was playing, a rasta taxi man was driving and talking to his friend in the back in patios. They were going on about Vybz Kartel getting put in prison. (He is some dance hall artist out here). Anyways, I looked out the window, with the wind blowing in my face and the sunset was so beautiful. In this moment I felt so much joy. My surroundings were loud and chaotic, but I felt this huge love for Jamaica and it's people. I felt a big love for this small island in the Caribbean. I felt content. I just know I'm here for a reason. I've already proved many times that reason, but I still have so much more to accomplish here in Jamaica. Whether it be to baptize someone, or to comfort someone in need. It doesn't really matter, but I will do what the Lord called me here to do.

"Faithful missionaries are their own best converts." Food for thought. 

Proverbs 28:25 (Read it with my complaints about gaining weight in mind)

I have to finish this up. I love you all so much. I think about you often. I pray for my family always. Be good, do good.

Blessed Jah Rastafari YUTE,
Sista Pet

P.S. Jerked fish is the best kind of fish.

TITANIC!

Delicious!
Loving The Vibe Of This Place!
The Most Yummiest Fish EVERRRRR!


Sweet Eating Place!
THE Beach!


Chilling At The Top Of The Hill

Fun Sand Hill
FACE PLANT!
Jamaica Kingston Mission JKM!
Sister Wolff And I

Being Blown Away!

Cowboy In Jamaica

President Gayle, Jesus and I
We Got Bikes!
Bike Riding NO Helmet Rebel!







No comments:

Post a Comment