Monday, March 3, 2014

I Want To Be Who Heavenly Father Wants Me To Be!

So, some people in Jamaica sing as their answering machine message on their cell phone. An investigator of ours is avoiding us and never picks up the phone, but we still call her, because she sings a very... funny song. Anyways, we always call it and we put it on speaker and dance around a little bit and lip sync to it. I think we have the words memorized. She may think that we are obsessive stalkers who never stop calling, but it gives us a laugh when we are bored. 

So about last week... I didn't mean to come off as depressed or anything, but I guess I was just being honest. The funny thing about these emails, is you get inside my head. If you saw me on the outside, I'm sure you couldn't tell anything was wrong with me. Yeah, I get down, but I try my hardest to not let it effect the work. Don't worry about me, we all have to face trials. I understand it. It just really sucks in the moment. Currently I'm just trying to develop my hope and my faith. Easier said than done. But, I know in my heart I am doing my best. I know that Heavenly Father loves me despite my many faults. The difficult moments define us. They prove who we really are, and what we become because of them. 

We had Zone Meeting this last week. A question that was brought up that really made me think. "Who do you want to be when you step off the airplane?" Oh man. What a interesting and unique thought. I guess my main answer would be that I want to be who Heavenly Father wants me to be. But, that isn't descriptive enough. I want to be someone who is actively engaged in a good cause. I don't want to go back to be as lazy as I was... (Lol, hours of watching Avatar the Last Airbender.......) I want to be a good friend to everyone. I don't want to have an judgments on anyone, unless they are righteous judgments. I just really want to be like how I am right now. I want to improve here on my mission, so I never go back to how I was. Not like I was bad or anything, I just know that I am doing better now, so I want to keep it that way. Man, the mission has a way of humbling you and showing you your weaknesses. (Ether 12:27) I'm glad that Heavenly Father has been showing me my weaknesses, so that I may become strong.

Ah, this last week we baked cakes for service. A lady in the Branch called us and asked us to bake some cakes for her because her oven stopped working. She had the cake mixes and everything. We also did more service than that this last week. We washed little girls hair, Sister Llewellyn braided it. We shelled more gungu peas, and helped with peoples wash. I seriously love serving others. I know that it's just little things, but by small and simple things, great things will be brought to pass. I'm not sure exactly what this branch needs, but I know that by loving them and serving them, I am doing my part. 

Ah, a girl named Abby is preparing to go on the temple youth trip they are having in April. They are having that along with an EFY type thing. Abby is so excited to go, but sadly, her passport was just stolen from the agency she had it at. I have never seen anyone look so sad... I really hope that she can get it all sorted out before April. My heart really hurts for her. People make so many sacrifices to get to the temple, and we seriously are all so lucky to have a temple just down the road. I miss the temple. I can't wait to go back. I can't wait till one day Jamaica gets a temple. Oh, I think I'll probably cry like a little baby when that happens. 

Well, I love you all. Also, here is a nice quote that got me going this week:

"I'm not ashamed to say that I want to be good. And I've found in my life that it has been critically important to establish this intention between me and the Lord so that I knew that He knew which way I committed my agency. I went before Him and said, 'I'm not neutral, and you can do with me what you want. If you need my vote--it's there. I don't care what you do with me and you don't have to take anything from me because I give it to you--everything. All that I own, all that I am.' And that has made all the difference." -Boyd K. Packer. 

I got some bad beach cravings the other day. It was so hot, and I could see the beautiful ocean... I would say the first thing I do when I get home is get released then jump in the ocean, but I have such a terrible farmers tan, that I might have to wait till I get super white all over, and then start from scratch. haha Missionary tans are no good...

Respect,
Sister Pitt


I Feel Rich, But I Am Not
Found In The Newspaper

IDK What Going On!


Missionary Pyramid

Oh Beautiful!

Zone Meeting Object Lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment