Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Read It! Ponder It! Live It!

So, I think we have a winner for the best excuse as to why we can't go to someones house to teach them:  "I just got stabbed..."

Anyways, this was a great week. So much happened. Sometimes I can't believe how we do so much in a week, because back at home my greatest accomplishment would be watching an entire season of Doctor Who, in a week. The week didn't start fantastic. It actually started with a very sick stomach, but after much dehydration salts and sitting upon my throne for a few hours, all was well. (Haha, I'll probably regret writing that later in life).

Well, I found out I'm training again next transfer. (Most likely). I will probably be here in Junction. So that means three more months. Seven and a half months in Junction. Oh boy, I hope I can do this. haha I just really don't want to leave this place without making a difference in some way. But, this I do know, people here know I love them, and that is all that matters to me. I will do my best being a trainer, if the Lord calls me to that position. I learned so much from being a trainer last time, I hope I can do it again, but better. 

We had splits with the sister training leaders. It went well. I don't know, it's weird to me when you have been out longer than your leader, because they tell you things you already know. I guess that is where humility comes in, something that I will probably struggle with for the rest of my life. BUT, it was great. We found a bunch of new people to teach from Brother Collins. He just takes us everywhere. And he is blind. So if you ever have a dumb excuse not to do member missionary work, just remember that Brother Collins does it, and he is blind. We found some cool new guys to teach. Our teaching pool is mainly males. I enjoyed the tradeoff, because we got a lot done.

We had Zone Meeting again this week. It was awesome. It made me reflect on my personal prayers, and how absolutely terrible I am at them... Haha, see, I pray all the time, but I'm not too sure if they are 100 percent sincere. I need to work on that. I just get so distracted and tired as I pray, I bet God is up there thinking, "Oh boy, here we go again..." But, prayer is so essential for us as a missionary. Well, as human beings in general. An Elder shared a poem called, "He's Been There Before," by Elder Whittle. Look it up and read it, it was wonderful. It really touched my heart. It basically is about a missionary who is complaining, and then he receives a vision of the Savior and all that He went through. To me, the work isn't the hard part of the mission. The hard part is always having the spirit with you. I just don't get it, but I think as I improve my personal prayers, I will receive the spirit with more force. I've started saying vocal prayers in the bathroom at a whisper. It really helps me focus more. 

I know there are lots of questions and arguments about the validity of the Book of Mormon, but if you open it up, read it, and pray about it, you will find out of its truthfulness. I know with my whole soul that it is true. It becomes even more true as you act upon its teachings. I've been devouring the Book of Mormon lately. Sister Llewellyn was like, how did you get from Enos to Alma in like less than a week?! haha I read fast. I just love it. I feel so good as I read it. It makes so much sense. If you haven't read it, read it! I beg of you. Ponder it. Live it. Then all your doubts about God, about life, about everything will disappear.

Love you all, 
Sister Pitt

P.S. Sister Llewellyn washes her mouth out with soap. I told her that in America that is a form of punishment when we say a bad word. "Ohhhhhh fudgggeeeee." (A Christmas Story). She says it tastes good. Idk. hahaha


With My Homies!

Scripture Study!

Zone Meeting!

Breathtaking!

Brother Collins, Abby And Sister Llewellyn

Cake For Theo and Sister Llewellyn's 7 Months! 


FLOURED!
Trail of Flour!
Closeup!

Theo Got Floured!

For The Beauty Of The Earth!

Creepy Man Blowing Up Our Phone


Chicken Head

Found An Awesome Backroad!

I Make These For People!
 
Sister Hudson And I!
 
The Precious Baby

Us And The Sister Training Leaders


No comments:

Post a Comment