Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A Jamaican Thanksgiving!

Awkward moment when some elders playfully toss a pebble into the car, but it hits the window and then the window completely shatters... 

Went to a resturant called Jack Sprat today. It's at Treasure Beach. I'm sure if you looked it up, you could find pictures. It's a tourist spot. I ate some Jamaican jerk sausage pizza. It was fantastic. This is also the place were the pebble shattered our window. 

So yeah. Anyways, this week was great! Being in a tripanionship proves to be like a sleepover every single night. Oh boy, I've laughed so much this last week. My sickness is pretty much gone. I am still bit gargly (is that a word?). Anyways, Junction is amazing. Sister Tominey reminds me so much of Gabby. So, we are always cracking up laughing, and Sister Collier is more of the sophisticated, sensible one. The members here are AmAzInGGGG. I love them. I love Jamaicans more and more every single day. 

A little miracle we had this last week was when we went to go visit a less active. She is a great girl, but just doesn't come to church for some reason. Anyways, her best friend was at the house, and we taught them about the Atonement and Gods love. The spirit was so amazingly strong in this lesson. At the very end, we invited Rochelle (the less actives friend) to meet with us again, and she didn't even hesitate, "Um, YES I would like to learn more!" Hopefully that goes somewhere. And another kid named Kevoy we met through a member is great. He is around 16-17 and seems so interested and intelligent. The work is going well. I enjoy it so much. 

Oh speaking of miracles. CHRISTINA GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOO! PARTY DANCING TIME. I'm sad I wasn't there, but hallelujahhhhh! I wanted to shout and cry for happiness. I got permission to call her (because I'm not in Linstead anymore), and she sounded so excited. Oh man, I'm still so giddy from it. 

Another great part of this week was Thanksgiving! We made green bean casserole, instant mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, and we bought a chicken. It was so wonderful and delicious. I ate so much. (Refer to attached pictures). I wasn't really homesick. There is no other place on earth I'd rather be this holiday season than serving the Lord here in Jamaica. There is so much to be thankful for. 

Anyways, it is the Christmas season, and it makes me reflect on the real meaning behind it all. I have been contemplating the gift I will give Jesus Christ this year. I am thinking a more consecrated heart. I really want to be better each day. 


Family, I really do miss you. I miss Moms delicious food. I miss the hugs. I miss relaxing... haha


Respect,
Sister Pitt

P.S. In the last month, I've been asked if I'm Jamaican three times. HA.


Sweet Girls!

Abby Is Being Eaten Alive

Abby The Rastaman

Damar Is A Hairstylist


Flowers!

Fred Is Our Pet
Feast Your Eyes!

Thank Heavens For Food!
Gained Five Thousand Pounds


Lots Of Laughs

Me Hungry, Me Want To Eat
Post Thanksgiving
Jack Sprat

My Kind Of Corner Minus Obama

Part Of Our Area


Right BeforeThe Window Shattered


Ugly Mural
Treasure Beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment